To Edit (Updated: 25 October 2011)
Return to User’s Help Guide Menu for Staff - Edit Section
Instructions: Access to the Edit Section for editing Entries is available to GIL Support Staff who are logged into the GIL Support Services web site. The Edit Section provides access to various “Publish Forms” (templates) for edit associated Entries. A “Publish Forms” presented to the Editor is associated with the Entry selected for editing. The following general steps are used to edit an item (additional instructions are provided where necessary) :
1. Login into the GIL Support Services web site - use the Username / Password authorized as a GIL Support Staff member.
2. From the Control Panel select the “Edit” option - see “Edit Section” screen below.
3. To select the Entry to be edited, the Editor can utilize several “Filter” options:
a. Filter by Section - Documents for a GIL Committee (see 3.3.2).
b. Filter by Category - GIL Committee Meeting Minutes (see 3.4.2).
c. Filter by Status
- GIL Committee Meeting Minutes (see 3.4.2).
d. Date Range
- Today, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, Last 180 days, Last 365 days or Any Date.
- Oldest First, Newest First or Alphabetical.
f. # results
- 25, 50, 75, 100 and 150 result options.
g. Search Options:
* Keyword - entry keywords into search box.
* Exact Match - option available for keyword search
* Search field options: Search titles only, Search titles and entries, Search titles, entries, and comments, Comments and Trackbacks.
4. Date - the date option can be changed by selecting a different date (see 3.7.2).
5. Categories - this field can be modified using the drop-down menu of authorized Categories for the selected Entry.
6. Options - these fields can be modified Author, Section and Status (see 3.5.3).
7. Title - the title of the published Entry can be modified (see 3.5.3 for Minutes title format).
8. URL Title - this field will fill-in automatically…do not modify this field.
9. The variable fields associated with the selected Entry can be modified - some variable fields are required.
10. Upload File option (see 3.3.3 or 3.4.3 for instructions) - additional items can be uploaded as necessary.
a. Preview - displays the Entry in a Preview box above the input area.
b. Quick Save - saves the work that has been entered but does not close the input area.
c. Update - saves the work that has been entered and closes the input area display the formatted item with an “Entry Has Been Updated” at the top and an “Edit This Entry” at the bottom.