Instructions for Accessing the Wimba GIL Training Room
Accessing the Webinar
To connect to the online Wimba session on the date of the webinar:
- Go to: http://gbor2.wimba.com/launcher.cgi?room=GIL_Training
- Enter your name (institution name if you are attending as a group)
- If you have already run the configuration wizard, click the “click here” link. Otherwise, click the “run wizard” link to be sure your computer is configured correctly for using Wimba.
Computer Configuration Information
Please go to the following web site and run the setup wizard before logging in for your meeting:
The setup wizard will check your computer to make sure it meets the requirements for participating in a Wimba Classroom meeting. Depending on the configuration of your computer, some steps the wizard takes can take a while. Please wait for each step to be completed and follow instructions as prompted.
- Computer with Internet connection (required)
- Headphones (alternative audio is available by phone bridge)
- Microphone to speak (not required; chat is available for comments and questions)
- Pop-up blockers should be disabled (required)
- QuickTime plug-in (required)
- If you are using the VoIP audio integral to Wimba Classroom, you will be able to hear through your headphones and speak using your microphone.
- If you do not have a headphone/microphone headset, you will need to use the phone bridge to participate. By using the phone number provided by Wimba, you will incur a long distance charge to New York.
- To use the phone bridge, log in to your meeting room. Click on the blue telephone icon for the number to call and PIN to enter when you make your call. If you need a phone number to call and are unable to log in to Wimba to get it, contact GALILEO staff at http://www.galileo.usg.edu/contact.
Many problems can be resolved by exiting and re-accessing Wimba or by rebooting your computer after headphones have been plugged in. Problems do occur occasionally that will require help from Wimba Technical Support. They can be contacted at
http://www.wimba.com/technicalsupport/ or contact by phone at 866-350-4978.