On February 29th, the project team met with leads from all institutions. This meeting was significant as it served as the official release of an Alma sandbox for use by all institutions. Now that the sandbox is available, we are able to identify and establish timelines for the initial set of Alma training. We have asked all institutional leads and project teams to complete the following training by the end of April 2016:
* Administration Fundamentals
* Alma and Primo Interoperability
* Navigation and Searching
* Resource Management
* User Management
This training will require a 7-10 hour commitment from your institutions' project teams. Please talk with your institutional lead if you have any questions or concerns or contact the project director.
Posted March 7, 2016
A lot has happened this week for the vanguards institutions!
• The vanguards have completed the Voyager data cleanup necessary for this phase (and will be updating the spreadsheet)
• GIL has performed a test SFX extract for two of the vanguards and provided to Ex Libris
• The third vanguard completed a Local Link Resolver (non-ExL) form and provided to Ex Libris
• GIL is currently performing the vanguard test Voyager data extract and will provide to Ex Libris shortly
• The vanguard pre-implementation environment will be going offline as well
We look forward to providing a detailed update during our next Institutional Lead online meeting on 2/29!
Posted February 19, 2016
The vanguard institutions (Georgia Southern University, University of Georgia, and Valdosta State University) have recently submitted workbooks detailing instructions for a test migration of data from Voyager to Alma. These instructions will be used by GIL and Ex Libris during the test migration which will occur in March. The three institutions spent considerable time completing training and holding working sessions to finish this task. The vanguards now turn their attention to completing configuration workbooks which outline how the test instance of Alma will be configured upon delivery. All institutions will have the opportunity to go through this process later this year (which the vanguard effort will enrich).
Posted February 1, 2016